- 3:45 - Key metaverse lessons
- 5:02 - Lesson one: Getting started can be the hardest part
- 6:50 - Lesson two: It’s all about the end user experience
- 8:30 - Lesson three: Interoperability is key
- 11:45 - Capgemini’s point of view on the metaverse, its new research report, and more
- 27:30 - Fireside chat
- 32:30 - Q&A: What are some major changes you think we will see in consumer behavior and expectations? And what kind of investments will businesses have to make to meet their customers where they are during this transformational period?
- 37:43 - Q&A: Do you think the metaverse will impact the workforce? Do you think that the workforce is prepped to meet this demand? And how would you define metaverse related skills?
- 40:12 - Q&A: What are the most interesting use cases you've seen for building the metaverse that you've seen at Capgemini?
- 45:41 - Q&A: What’s your prediction for the metaverse in 2023?
In this final episode of the Road to the Metaverse for 2022, Ryan recaps the journey so far. Joining him is Capgemini’s Chief Technology and Innovation Officer, Alexandre Embry, who recently founded their Metaverse-Lab. Together they will explore where the metaverse is headed and some of the perceptions pervading the media.
Join Ryan and Alexandre for a lively discussion centering on common themes that emerged for Accelerate Solutions and Capgemini this year, unavoidable impacts on the workforce, and tangible starting points for businesses that haven’t yet adopted a metaverse strategy. And stick around to hear them make some predictions for the coming year.
Here are some highlights from their discussion:
Key lessons learned from 2022: Metaverse projects are multiyear journeys, so getting started can be the hardest part. Innovation is a process and a mindset that you have to commit to, which may require rethinking and retooling your workforce. Many are seeing success by starting with digital twins, a key building block of the metaverse. Discover more lessons by watching the episode below.
Metaverse interest and potential impact is high. New Capgemini research uncovered a number of compelling findings, such as:
- Ninety-three percent (93%) of adult consumers are metaverse-curious
- Seven out of ten (70%) organizations believe immersive experiences would be a key differentiator
- in the market
- Organizations providing immersive experiences could realize a 52-point improvement in net promoter score (NPS) over those that do not
Download the full version of Capgemini Research Institute's report: “Total Immersion: How immersive experiences and the metaverse benefit customer experience and operations.”
Metaverse predictions for 2023: With analyst firms like Gartner listing the metaverse as a top strategic technology trend for 2023, enthusiasm surrounding the metaverse shows no signs of abating. But there’s going to be lots of noise around metaverse experiences that supposedly “failed.” Projects that stumble out of the gate typically do so because companies lose sight of the user experience. The companies making these investments today will make mistakes – the key is to learn from them and keep the user at the center.
Check out Unity Industry to transform your CAD and 3D data into immersive apps and experiences.
Ryan leads Unity’s professional services group, Accelerate Solutions. The Accelerate Solutions team offers bespoke consulting and development services to a broad range of industries from game and film studios to energy, retail, and manufacturing companies. Ryan has over 25 years of experience in consulting and business development. He was the CEO of Finger Foods Advanced Technology Group, a digital transformation company acquired by Unity in 2020.
Alexandre is chief technology and innovation officer (CTIO) at Capgemini and a member of the Capgemini Technology, Innovation and Ventures Council. He leads the Immersive Technologies domain, analyzing trends and developing deployment strategies. Specializing in exploring emerging tech trends and advising organizations on their transformative powers, he is passionate about enhancing the user experience for customers and employees and how metaverse, Web3, NFT and blockchain technologies and AR/VR/MR can advance brands and companies.
Alexandre is also the founder and head of Capgemini's Metaverse-Lab, which helps clients shape and execute their metaverse strategies.