Watch, on demand, as Ryan Peterson and Lynette DuJohn, Chief Innovation Officer for the Vancouver Airport Authority (YVR), discuss the digital transformation of an airport and how creating YVR’s digital twin will positively serve their employees, passengers, and the community.
During the webinar, Lynette also gives a live demo of the YVR digital twin. Some key highlights of the demo include:
- Tracking of major airport processes and thresholds for delays in flights, customs, and pre-board screening, so frontline employees can manage situations as and before they arise.
- Using data feeds to track planes and vehicles on the airfields for safety and to aid in the reduction of greenhouse gas emissions by passengers and by cargo – in real-time.
- Sensor trackers to determine when a car has been idling for too long in drop-off zones.
- Viewing maintenance reports of rooms that require immediate service, throughout the entire airport (which is the largest building in Vancouver).
- Simulating airport traffic, to aid in the accurate planning of exit and emergency strategies.
For more information on the YVR digital twin, or to request time with our Unity experts to find out how a digital twin could benefit your facility, please reach out.
Ryan leads Unity’s professional services group, Accelerate Solutions. The Accelerate Solutions team offers bespoke consulting and development services to a broad range of industries from game & film studios to energy, retail, and manufacturing companies. Ryan has over 25 years of experience in consulting and business development and, before joining Unity, was the CEO of the digital transformation company, Finger Foods Advanced Technology Group.
Lynette is the Vice President, Innovation and Chief Information Officer at Vancouver International Airport. She is responsible for all aspects of Information Technology and Innovative Travel Solutions including YVR’s Digital Twin platform and BorderXpress products. She also leads the Innovation Hub @ YVR, providing an innovation platform that supports sustainable aviation and our community.