By supporting over 20 platforms, Unity empowers teams and individuals alike to reach as many players as possible. With the Built-in Render Pipeline, the platform continues to provide a strong mix of graphics features across different hardware – though certain limitations have become apparent over time, as the number of platforms supported by Unity has grown significantly.
URP has been developed to address these limitations with deep flexibility and customization, enhanced performance across supported and future platforms, plus quick iteration to unleash your creativity.
This e-book was created by a highly experienced Unity developer in collaboration with senior graphics engineers at Unity. Topics covered include:
- How to set up URP for a new project, or convert an existing Built-in Render Pipeline-based project to URP
- A comparison of URP and Built-in Render Pipeline Quality settings
- Lighting in URP, namely lighting a new scene, managing shadows, Light Modes, Light Layers, Light Probes, and more
- A comparison of URP and Built-in Render Pipeline shaders
- Callback differences between the two rendering pipelines
- Shader Graph, Visual Effects Graph, 2D features, and integrating post-processing effects with URP
Download this valuable guide to fully leverage the benefits of URP for professional game development. We hope that you find the e-book helpful.