There’s no limit to how innovative today’s 2D games can be. The evolution of hardware, graphics, and game development software makes it possible to create 2D games with real-time lights, high-resolution textures, and an almost unlimited sprite count.
Our new e-book, 2D game art, animation, and lighting for artists is our biggest, most comprehensive 2D development guide, created for Unity developers and artists who want to make a commercial 2D game.
The e-book was authored by the art director of the Unity 2D demo Dragon Crashers, with contributions from Unity 2D experts. Key topics you’ll learn about include:
- Setting up your 2D project
- Roundtripping between Unity and your DCC software
- Working with sprites, normal maps and mask maps, and layer sorting
- Setting up Cameras
- Creating animation and rigging
- Configuring lights and special shader effects and techniques
- Optimizing your project along the way
This is a valuable resource for any creator who wants to leverage the full capabilities of the Unity 2D toolset for multiplatform games.