How do you make a 2D platformer stand out among hundreds of new titles that go to market every day? What does it take to capture the essence of rogue and create a unique gameplay experience that one reviewer calls “polished to a mirror sheen?” SouthPAW Games turned to the Unity 2D engine and tools like the Tilemap Editor, Pixel Perfect camera, Sprite Atlas, and more to help make Skul: The Hero Slayer an award-winning hit.
Download this case study to learn how SouthPAW Games:
- Saved hundreds of hours of work by creating Tilemaps visually and intuitively in the 2D Tilemap Editor
- Achieved performance gains by implementing Tilemaps and Sprite Atlas, turning optimization into a non-issue
- Let artists iterate without programmers by using custom tools and extensions in the Unity Editor
- Loaded assets with the Aseprite and PyxelEdit Animation Importer, saving 200 hours in one month alone
- Kept their pixel art crisp and clear and stable in motion at different resolutions by applying the Unity 2D Pixel Perfect Camera component